If you are an e-commerce site, then you know that world is your marketplace; and that customers can come from all corners of the globe. With our Rate Calculator API, you can now sell to a wider audience by providing your customers with the ability to calculate the shipping rates of your products to their doorsteps!
With our Rates Calculator, you or your customers can figure out the price of delivering a certain product on the spot. So how does it work and how can you take advantage of our Rates Calculator?
The calculator basically uses Web Service Definition Language (WSDL) to send information that is needed to calculate the rate of shipping an item from point A to point B.
Your system submits through XML all the information that is required including the Origin Address, Destination Address, the Number of Pieces Shipped, Weight of the Pieces, and other information. After we receive all this information, we reply with a price quote.
The Rates Calculator goes beyond calculating the shipping rate, but can also calculate the rate with Cash on Delivery.
Here are six easy steps to install the Aramex calculator on your website!
1. Read our manual and download our Rate Calculator for an overview of the technical details.
2. Contact us and we will arrange a meeting with our ecommerce and IT department to answer your questions and concerns.
3. Make sure that you have a registered account with Aramex.
4. Use our Web Service Definition Language (WSDL) to integrate your site with our system.
5. Use our front-end user interface of the Rate Calculator or use an interface that fits with your website's design. Ask us for help.
6. Tell your customers that Shipping Rates can be calculated on the spot!
Read more in past issues:-
1. Your Business: Power up your e-store with our APIs
2. On Track: 20/20 Vision - Logistics at the end of 2020
3. On Track: The Logistics of e-commerce